Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not Fit For Man Nor Beast

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A WIND CHILLADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 12 PM CSTTHURSDAY. AN ARCTIC AIR MASS WILL PLUNGE INTO MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS LATERTODAY. TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL DROP TO BETWEEN 5 BELOW ZERO AND 5 ABOVE ZERO AND GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH CAN BE EXPECTED.


THE COMBINATION OF BITTERLY COLD AIR AND GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS...WILL RESULT IN DANGEROUS WIND CHILL LEVELS FROM 15 TO 24BELOW ZERO UNTIL MIDDAY ON THURSDAY.


This is taken directly from an advisory issued this morning. I am SO not up to this.


I can give you a recommendation though. To replace my lost ear warmers, I checked out Kohl's.com because they didn't have them in the store. Guess what? SALE!!! Regularly $25, these little beauties are now $10 each. I could never find them in brown so this is marv. SCORE!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Please come down and visit me! We're not warm anymore, but we're not arctic!

Unknown said...

Come visit us! It's currently 72 and sunny. Yes, it is unseasonably warm here, and we could use some cooler weather and rain (with snow in the mountains), but we're enjoying the warmth in the meantime!

MonkeyGirl said...

I have those earwarmers - and in brown even! Now if I could just remember to pull them out of the closet, they might do better at keeping me warm!

NV said...

V -- I'd love to. Thanks! Right after I stop at Gene's. :-)

Gene -- Be careful. After today, I may be ready to take you up on it.

MG -- Really? I have them in black (of course) and adore them but could never find them in brown in the store. The ones I lost were just cheapies, but at least they WERE brown! Now I've got 2 pair of these coming.

Jennifer said...

Stay warm! BRRRR!!!!!

NV said...

Jennifer -- Thanks! We're supposed to get above 20 today and FORTY tomorrow. Here's hopin'!