Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring!

Another case of the weathercasters being wrong. While we were occasionally covered by clouds, it's been sunny and warm (upper 60s) most of the day.

I've been a slug. I pushed a little too much yesterday and today I made up for it by remaining in a self-induced vegetative state. I have been in pajamas all day.

The mother went to the funeral home with her friends (one of their mothers died) so I've had full custody of the creatures all day. That includes Tigger who is still eating, walking around a little more slowly, and talking less.

That's something that is going to become something of the norm in the immediate future. Our cousin is bringing my uncle home from the hospital tomorrow. She is taking a leave from our job to care for him during whatever time he has left. She's enlisted the mother to help. It's going to be a difficult time.

In the meantime, I consoled myself with how green the grass is becoming and with this gorgeous tree that is just beyond our property line.

It's so nice to be able to leave the door open and to be in need of a fan again. LOVE it. In fact, I love it so much, here's a little something I came up with.

Ode to Spring

The tree's in bloom, the grass is green

The blue sky dotted with a single cloud

Ole Man Winter has packed his bags

And Spring has shed her shroud.

The days grow longer, more filled with light

The frigid temps of winter are moving past

The birds are singing and building their nests

As Spring is settling in fast.

The vernal equinox has dawned

Soon the May flowers will get a good douse

Of the April showers that will fall at This D*mn House.

No comments: