Monday, March 23, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

OK, I admit, I've been a downer lately. There's a lot going on that isn't good, but that's no reason to completely overlook the good is it? I don't think so.

So on that note, I've decided to recognize some of the things that make me smile.

Today was crazy busy at work. All day. That's a good thing. Definitely smile-worthy.

70-degree weather. With sun, (The day this can't make me smile, at least for a minute, you know it's time to just give up.)

Comments. Comments almost always make me smile. And emails from published authors? Oh yeah. You see both rows of pearly whites with those.

And these two. These two make me smile. A lot.
Doesn't Toby just look like he's thinking up some kind of mischief? Maybe 'cause he is!
The prospect of going home. (On my way now.) THAT makes me smile.
There's lot of reasons to smile. Lots and lots of 'em. Some days you just have to look a little harder than others.

3 comments:

Laura-Jane said...

Always a good idea to take stock and remind ourselves of the good things. :)

Laura-Jane
http://www.whimfield.com

Onlinehandyman said...

I agree with the first comment, sometimes you just have to look around and see what is good in life.

I am a tremendous animal lover and those 2 are a lot to be grateful for. Animals are the best and they can make you feel so good. You are on the right track - hang in there!

NV said...

Laura-Jane -- Definitely! It's what makes it all worthwhile.

OnlineHMan -- Yep, these two are something else, that's for sure.