Ozzie did not hear his archnemesis, the mailman. My baby is getting old. Sigh.
It's cool (just beyond 50) but the sun is out and there's little wind so I shall soon go out and confront two of my most hated things: the weed-eater and the lawnmower. I'd rather go take a nap.
I got up early with the kitten to find that the mother had things well under control. I decided to go back to bed for a few hours. While I stayed in bed for about 2.5 hours, I ultimately slept less than an hour thanks to:
- the mother communicating with Toby and the kitten
- the kitten getting rowdy on the other side of my wall
- Ozzie trying to push me from my own bed
- the neighbor repeatedly revving the engine on his roadster and later, his motorcyle
- another neighbor's dog, who was clearly in OUR yard feet from my window, barking his a** off
- kids on the corner screaming at glass-shattering levels.
The irony is that now that I'm fully awake and have been busy doing things the past few hours, the mother, the kitten, Toby and Ozzie ARE ALL ASLEEP! And the neighbors? Nary a sound.
So, once my work is done, and assuming that the shower cooperates enough to successfully clean me, maybe I'll go after that nap again.