- Most of your shoes collectively bear more color samples than the average hardware store paint department.
- The grand opening of a Lowe’s is huge news around your house. HUGE!
- You discover that the kitten’s favorite new play toy is a self-drilling screw she found on the floor.
- Your kitchen cabinets hold very little food – but grout, caulk and construction adhesive are there in abundance.
- The expiration of an unused big box hardware store coupon can induce tears.
- Plastic, a blanket and the legally-required red flag live in your car trunk. Just in case …
- Your favorite holiday or birthday gift is a Home Depot gift card.
- The best piece of literature you read all week was a Harbor Freight flyer.
- You tell time by: “The hardware store opens/closes in x hours.”
- You let a gym membership lapse because 50-pound bags of concrete are enough of a work-out.
- Higher education consists of in-store “how-to” lessons.
- Your latest fashion statements are latex gloves – in COLORS!
- Hearing “If I Had a Hammer” evokes feelings of patriotism.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Diagnosing "DIY Overload"
Not that any of this applies to me, but you might be in DIY overload if: