Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dread

As a general rule, I prefer to shy away from bedlam. So I’m not quite certain how I usually seem to end up smack dab in the middle of it.

Of course, going to the grocery store tonight, I already know what I’m in for. Between the $10 off of $50 purchase coupled with discounted turkeys with minimum purchase, I’m thinking “riot” might be a more appropriate description of what I’ll soon be walking into.

Suffice it to say I’ll be jamming my way down crowded aisles and no doubt stuck in the continuously wrapping check-out line from hell.

Bah humbug.

At least the sun FINALLY came out -- and in just enough time to sink below the horizon. It was pretty though.

6 comments:

plumbelieve said...

Just keep thinking...my happy place, my happy place, there is no place like my happy place. You will be through the aisles and out the door in no time. Try handing out little candy canes to everyone you know and the aisles will just part for you. :) Either that or you will get trampled. Scratch the candy!

MonkeyGirl said...

If you can handle the big dumb guys in the aisles at Home Depot/Lowe's you can certiainly take on Grandma shopping for a discount tofurkey!

Vicki said...

This happened last year too didn't it? I'd hate to be one of the workers there.

Kate R said...

ROFL over MG's comment, pretty appropriate, I think! Hope you survived last night.

BlackDog's Photographer said...

Shopping for anything needed stinks! I'd rather brave the masses for something stupid that I just want to have. Good luck to ya.

NV said...

You are all too funny!

I survived, obviously. But not without a few close calls and spending 25 minutes in line.