Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Hockey Virgin

It’s supposed to get above 60 today but right now, it’s under 40. After being cold in my office yesterday, I took no chances. I have a waaarm sweater on today. Good thing, too. It’s cold on the bus.

I freaked Slappy (our three morning a week driver) out by standing across the street today. He bugged his eyes at me (not unlike Rochester of the old movies) and exclaimed: “What are you doing here? You live all the way out here?” I nodded at hooked a thumb in the direction of This D*mn House.

I usually drive to the station but I have plans tonight: I’m going to the hockey game with The MonkeyGirl. I was going to drive to work but since she graciously offered to drive me home, I’ll just take the bus into the office instead.

I’ve never been to a hockey game. My name just happened to be one to come out of the proverbial hat to win one of the six pairs of tickets that the company graciously donated as part of a charity program last month. And this is suite seating. And they’re going to feed us. Boo-yah!

I neither particularly like nor dislike hockey but I figure being in the suite would be the ideal way to see one. Especially for my first time. Whether you like hockey or not, that can’t be a bad thing.

7 comments:

Mama Martha said...

Have fun tonight! It's a FAST game but so fun to watch.

Vicki said...

Everything is better live. Have fun!

plumbelieve said...

I predict you will become a fan. The Blues are just plain fun to watch. It will not hurt that you will have suite service to take care of your refreshment and viewing needs.

Next time, I want to put my name in the proverbial friend hat. I hope you and Monkeygirl enjoy the fight, er I mean the hockey game. :)

PB

karen said...

You are so lucky. I would love to see a game. Have fun.

MonkeyGirl said...

I can't wait! It has been a long time since I've been to a fight - er - I mean hockey game! I'm even breaking out my game jersey for the occasion. See ya in a bit!

Kate R said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE sitting in suites for any kind of event! I've only had the opportunity maybe 4-5 times but it's nice to experience how the other half lives once in awhile.

NV said...

MM -- Yes, it was VERY fast and VERY fun!

V -- Thanks. It was a blast!

PB -- I think you might be right. Yes, having everything there was great and it was good that I layered up. I'd have been freezing otherwise!

Karen -- I AM lucky! I hope you do get to go see a game sometime.

MG -- That was fun. We've now done baseball and hockey. Up for football? ;-)

Kate -- It's no coincidence that they call the suite, the sweet! LOVE it. It's now my favorite way to see a baseball game.