Monday, November 30, 2009

One Rung At a Time

After all this inertia where the house is concerned, I finally did something. I bought a ladder.

Merry Christmas to me! I ended up going with the 17’ Werner telescoping variety that I was mulling several weeks ago. Amazon had to torture me with a Cyber Monday ad and among the offerings was that little beauty – at $125.99. That’s cheaper than either Lowe’s or Home Depot (and Home Depot had it for $130 at one point). But, I don’t think I could have gotten it any cheaper considering that shipping (+$30) is free and there’s no tax. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Not that I plan to be using it anytime soon (we’re about to get our first taste of true winter weather a little later this week), but it will ship next week. So, we’re pretty much free to tackle the hallway (with the ceiling in the sky) at will. Of course, there’s always the bathroom and kitchen to finish first.

Which reminds me: I need to call Lawrence. We need to get those drawer fronts going and I have got to get him to change that dimmer switch in the dining room. (Yeah, I’m a chicken. I got as far as taking the switchplate off before I said, “Aw, the hell with it.”)

5 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

I don't want to hear any grief from you when I buy a new scrapbooking tool - I can't recall the last time I even looked at a ladder much less used one!

Why S? said...

You really know how to spoil yourself.

Kate R said...

Good for you. You deserve it! Just having it delievered would be incentive enough for me. Though I know you have no problem with lugging & loading heavy objects. ;)

And I had to LOL at your dimmer switch solution. God bless Lawrence.

Kate R said...

OK, I DO know how to spell delivered. Obviously I need more caffiene today.

NV said...

MG -- Well, when you're MY height, ladders are not a luxury but a necessity! And it will be SO nice not to have to go and borrow ones for the bigger jobs.

Why -- You know it, girl!

Kate -- Yeah, and they set it right up on the porch. IT GOT HERE IN 2 DAYS! God, I love the Internet. AND Lawrence. :-)