Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Plucked from the Lost and Found

I kind of started a holiday theme with this morning’s post, so it seems I should stick with it. It would seem that I’ve found my holiday spirit! (Though it still doesn’t seem like Thanksgiving is a mere hours away.)

Every year I think there is no way that the recipients of our holiday charity program at work could possibly break my heart because the ones in the year’s prior already had. And every year they break my heart all over again! This year is no exception. I finally got the last of my needs’ list submitted today and I spent a good chunk of the afternoon trying to translate those into gift tags for people to select from.

The good news is that I work with a bunch of really great and generous people. The better news is that these families who have asked for so little will find themselves showered with so much. We have four families and about a dozen senior citizens to help this year. For most of these people, all they are asking for are food, blankets and cleaning supplies or maybe a coat. Well, I think they may find just a little bit more … *grins*

Yeah. That holiday spirit is accounted for now.
Claim #7F3N6J4DYNDU# (No that's not a claim ticket number for my holiday spirit! It's a code to prove to Technorati that I really do write this blog!)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

That's so nice what your office does. I know those families are blessed beyond measure.

Anonymous said...

As someone who has been blessed by that sort of generosity in the past . . . thank you.

Have a super Thanksgiving . . .

BlackDog's Photographer said...

Good job. Really seems like there are so many people in need this year.

Have a great Thanksgiving. It will feel like Christmas soon.

NV said...

V -- I'm grateful that they support it and that my coworkers are the giving bunch they are. Couldn't do it otherwise.

COG -- Aw, thank you for that! I always worry that some of the people will actually feel bad, so that makes me feel better. You have a great Thanksgiving, too!

BD'sPhotog -- Yeah. The need is amazing. And the majority of the people we're helping this year have had one or both parents lose a job. Too sad. In one case, I know this couple went from a position where they would help others to this year, needing help themselves. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!