Monday, November 30, 2009

The Mother Makes Merry

For someone who doesn't get excited about Christmas, who mostly just tolerates the season, the mother does get into gift-wrapping.

I guess we'll just chalk it up to her own personal way of making merry. She spent a lot of time over the weekend wrapping presents. Here's a few of her creations.




She makes all her own bows, too. Me? Yeah, I missed out on that gene big time! I have a hard enough time tying a bow, much less making one! And if you get something from me that's actually in real gift wrap, not just covered with tissue, write it down. It might not happen again for a long, long time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you send the mother to MY house when she's through there? I didn't get the gift-wrapping gene either! My friends give me such pretty gifts and mine to them look like Charlie Brown wrapped them...

I particularly love the third one! She's really good.

Anonymous said...

Could you send the mother to MY house when she's through there? I didn't get the gift-wrapping gene either! My friends give me such pretty gifts and mine to them look like Charlie Brown wrapped them...

I particularly love the third one! She's really good.

Kate R said...

Very impressive! I do fine with the wrapping, bows - not so much. That's what the bags full of bows at Walmart are for, right?

MonkeyGirl said...

Yeah me - I think I have gotten an actual wrapped present from you - I must really be special!! She really does a fantastic job - can I bring my stuff over on Christmas Eve when I start/finish my shopping?

Vicki said...

My stepsister can wrap presents like she gets paid for it. Her packages are beautiful with perfectly crisp corners and nary a piece of tape in site. Me? Let's just say that gene missed me as well :)

NV said...

Star -- As she is literally "wrapping up" here, I think there'd be a hughe protest if I started farming her out. :-)

Kate -- Thank you. I'm with you!

MG -- Yes, you probably have. If you did do that (bring pkgs over at last minute) just know the speech you're in for. :-)

V -- At least I'm in good company then!