Monday, November 23, 2009

Slackin’ – Not!

For all the playing around I did on Saturday, I did twice that much in getting things done yesterday.

I washed and buffed both cars. I ran the mower, collected nearly three bags of debris and took them to the dump. Rather than wait for the inevitable, I raked half my neighbors’ yard to get the leaves that would no doubt come my way.

I ran and picked a few things up for the mother who is still not feeling that great. I unloaded the car which probably doesn’t sound like much unless you know how packed it was with scrapbooking gear and with stuff I picked up on the way home Saturday.

I caulked around the posts on the deck and around some gaps in the doors and windows. (Stay tuned for a full review on this.) I drained the hose and rolled it up into the keeper and covered up the faucet. We’re supposed to get lows at or near freezing later this week, so I got this done just in time! We may even get flurries by Thanksgiving. Ugh.

I did three loads of laundry, cooked for the animals and got trash ready for this morning.
I literally sank into bed last night.

I’m glad to have gotten several things done and that I could take advantage of yet another unseasonably warm (60+) November weekend. Sure wish these would last all winter!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

dang. Im getting tired just reading all the stuff you did! Arent you a little tiny bit excited about the snow? :)

Jennifer said...

You're exhausting me! Phew!

Vicki said...

I must go take a nap. I now feel like a slacker.

MonkeyGirl said...

I couldn't get that much done in a week's worth of free time much less one Sunday afternoon! And you can shoot me now, but I kind of want to see some flurries! It will help get me in the full holiday spirit!

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make the rest of us feel like lazy slugs? Slow down!

You now officially have the rest of the week off! :)

Kate R said...

I was a total slug this weekend,(hangs head in shame). But even on a good weekend for me, I think you would still put me to shame with your "whirl-windedness". Like my new word?

NV said...

Victoria -- Tee hee. It wasn't all that much. You should see me when I'm busy. :-) As for the snow, no. Absolutely not. HATE it.

Jennifer, Vicki -- Just wait 'til I get going again.

MG -- Bang! I don't want snow.

Star -- I'm going to tell the mother that you said so. :-)

Kate -- Don't sell yourself short. It takes a lot of effort to come up with new words!