Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Maiden Voyage

So ... I got the stove to work! I had to run it for about 45 minutes to let it do a "burn off." And I found the manual. Lucky because what I printed out would not have helped me that much.

And then it was time to get out my pie crust shields.


If you don't own these -- and you bake -- you should. They are marvelous.

I think it came out pretty well. Whaddya think?


I swear right now I am so full I may never eat again, but then ...

Right now though I am grabbing a shower and a few hours of zzzs so I can go shopping! Yes, I'm one of those.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got the stove up and running. The pie looks great!

Jayne said...

The pie does look great! Good luck shopping, and let us know if you get any great deals.

sewwhat? said...

Yum yum! Good advice, and I'm glad you got the oven to work.

Vicki said...

Glad to know it worked out well!

I need some of those pie crust covers now that I make my own crust!

Anonymous said...

I have one of those from pampered chef but I have no clue where it is. Had to use foil.

My worst fear is the stove not working and dinner guest arriving.

Food...I'm need of a walk to walk all this food off. I don't know about you but I don't eat that much in a week.

Michele

Kate R said...

They look delicious! And I've never heard of those rings before, I'll have to check them out.

NV said...

Gene -- Thanks on both counts!

Jayne -- Got some good prices on clothes (for me) and blankets (for our charity program) and games (for my cousins' kids).

Sewwhat -- Thanks! Those pie shields are great.

V -- Thanks. Yes'm. Those shields rock!

Michele -- Yeah, I've eaten at least my weight in food the past few days! Definitely dig out that shield. You'll be glad you did!

Kate -- Thanks! yes, I love the shields!

Liz said...

Congrats on getting that oven up and running and creating such delicious looking pies!