Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Inspiration

I’ve been chasing this day like a dog does its tail. Even before the alarm sounded, this day was miles ahead of me. By the time I got to work, the starting gun had fired but there I was, still standing firmly in place. Yikes!

I had all these grand plans for last night. Though I did manage to get a few things done, I ran out of steam waaaaay too quickly. I wanted to get back to the bathroom floor and maybe even spend a little time on the walls. Barring that, why not get a few more kitchen cabinet doors sanded and painted?

But no. After enjoying a leisurely dinner and watching a little TV, I spiraled into unconsciousness, napping on the sofa. Getting to bed late, a hectic work day, and then rushing around to both my and Taz’ appointments apparently took its toll. By the time I woke up, it was time to deal with our little zoo and get ready for morning. Too late to do anything productive in the house.

Tonight, I'm even more tired than last night. I'm not going to create any illusions for myself that I'll accomplish anything beyond animal care and personal hygiene tonight. I'm afraid that I may end up doing a repeat performance of last night.

So, for now I’m consoling myself with and living vicariously through the efforts of Jayne and the “marching chickens” that are appearing in her kitchen, of Elaine and Dylan’s kitchen that is competing in the Share Your Project contest, of Victoria and the bathroom that is materializing before her eyes (and from a cloud of drywall dust, no doubt), and of the pink haze that Leah is hoping to uncover in her bathroom.

Thanks, guys. I need all the inspiration I can get!

4 comments:

karen said...

You guys are all doing great on your remodels . I need to do so much to this house but I just am too lazy. I love looking at all your guys work.
Hope you can get back into it soon. Good luck and get some rest.

BlackDog's Photographer said...

Oh I've had plenty of nights like that. I just hate it when I fall asleep on the couch and don't get anything done!

Jayne said...

Thanks for mentioning me! I have evenings like yours sometimes, too...I hate not getting anything done, but I guess it's my body's way of telling me that I need to get more rest.

NV said...

Karen -- You must assuredly are NOT lazy. You are doing something far greater and requiring infinitely more time, effort and plain ole love than most of us could muster!

BDP -- Yeah, it sure is frustrating. Necessary sometimes, but frustrating.

Jayne -- You are persevering enough for both of us these days! :-)