Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The "R" Word

I didn't post this morning because it would have been a griping, whiny little rant. I figure mornings are tough enough without inflicting THAT on anyone.

The rain continues to fall. Our dry respite was all too brief. And, it's been a cold rain, too. Lots of people at work have flooded basements. My assistant stayed home today to fight water and another of my colleagues had a sewer back-up. YUCK! I feel so sorry for them both.

And, after 15 years of dry time, our sump pit is filling again. That tells me that the water table is plenty high. That's no doubt due to the record rainfall of last month. But at least my water is going where it's supposed to.

On a happier note, I was invited a while back to submit the story of my brick porch and walkway (yes, sorry, you've GOT to be sick of hearing about it by now!) to their site. And so, now it's featured on Front Porch Ideas and More. Thanks, Dave and Mary!

There are a lot of beautiful porches and cool ideas on the site. Check it out!

4 comments:

happileah said...

That's really cool. I never saw the transformation, it's amazing. I can't believe you did all of that yourself. WOW!

Why S? said...

After all the work you did, you deserve to tell the story as many times as you want to and on as many sites as you want.

Besides, now that I know about this all-porch blog, I have another resource for when we revamp our exterior next year. Thanks.

karen said...

IT is a very pretty front porch and walkway. You deserve to be proud of it.Sorry about all the rain. It is raining here and so cold. I am ready for spring .

NV said...

Leah -- THANKS! There are days I still don't believe it either. :-)

Why -- That's so sweet. THANKS! I'm so glad to provide something valuable. I'm sure you can find something goog there!

Karen -- Thanks! Truly a labor of love. Yeah, stupid rain. Don't think it's ever going to dry up.