Friday, August 29, 2008

It’s All About the Bricks

I couldn’t stand it. The image of sitting and then walking among all those piles and stacks of bricks – from my dream last night – stayed with me all morning. At lunch, I did a few searches on the interpretation of dreams involving bricks. This is what I found:


  • A brick, wall of brick or stack of bricks symbolize that your soul is restless with unfinished work in your everyday life. That seems logical enough. My house and yard have been a shambles for months and work has been incessantly crazy the past few weeks.

  • To see a brick in your dream, represents your individual ideas and thoughts. Experience and/or heartbreak may have hardened you. Well, um, yeah. But I’m not so sure that’s a bad thing. Let’s just say I put up with a lot less sh*t than I used to.

  • To dream about brick; good health. Now that sounds promising!

  • Brick in a dream, indicates unsettled business and disagreements in love affairs. Really? Well, there is at least one that was never concluded to my satisfaction. And I did have occasion to discuss He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named recently, though I derived a great sense of vindication from this talk …

But the more I thought about it, the most reasonable explanation of all came out of my mouth earlier today. This has been an exceptionally crazy week. Multiple projects and dealing with multiple colleagues and clients.

While I welcome all the new opportunities and love the prospect of being busy, I’ve gone from almost virtual isolation in my work to being thrown into dealing with hordes of people -- constantly. It’s been a little bit of culture shock for me.

My comment: “After this week, I just want to go back to my bricks.”

And I will. Very soon.

No comments: