Sunday, August 10, 2008

Me Vs. Dirt


I did finally get myself moving and returned home with 300 pounds of gravel and 100 pounds of sand. Unfortunately, none of it got down today.

But, I did take advantage of this glorious third day of lovely weather by continuing to dig out the mudpit. The first one-third has been excavated! I mowed the front yard and delivered its clippings along with about 100 gallons or so of dirt to the yard waste dump. Not the most fun thing I've ever done. Taxing on my already throbbing wrists and generally, just a pain in the a** to do.

Some of the gravel is down in it already due to my stubborness last night. The next step: tamp the remaining uncovered dirt, add more gravel and TAMP, TAMP, TAMP! Then sand, mortar, and finally ... BRICKS!

Maybe someday there will be a walkway here ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing how you keep going through the aches and pains. We both know where I'd be by now. Bon bons anyone?

Jayne said...

Hang in there, you're making progress! In the fight between you and the dirt, my money's on YOU!

NV said...

Vicki -- Not amazing. Just a combo of crazy+stupid. But thanks for thinking of me as a deranged sort of Wonder Woman. :-)

Jayne -- We keep tellin' each other that, don't we? Thanks! I'll try to make sure your bet pays off.

Ann said...

LOL - the only thing I "TAMP" is espresso powder!

NV said...

Ann -- That made me laugh!