Monday, August 25, 2008

The Second Third - Part 2



I nearly did it: The second third is all but complete!

I had to stop to dig out much of the last third as if you don't, and work right to the edge of the current work zone, things get even messier and more complicated. I hate the digging. It's my least favorite part of the whole procedure.

I did get to go back and tack on three or four more rows to what I'd already done yesterday once I got to a good stopping point with the digging. I really did get a lot done.

It wasn't as humid as Saturday, but the sun was still hot so that slowed me a bit. As the sun began to drop and the walkway fell to shade, a nice breeze even kicked in, so that made the work go even better.

If Mother Nature will cooperate over the holiday weekend, this project will be done. I'm going to clean up my dancin' shoes as I fully intend to tapdance down the damn thing once it's finished.

9 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

Hey, it looks great! You should have that done in no time!

Jennifer said...

Wow... it sure is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Looking good! With the pains you're taking you won't trip on any loose or uneven bricks while you're tapping.

I'm Just a Girl said...

It looks fantastic!

MonkeyGirl said...

It looks great! Do not let anyone convince you that the driveway would look better bricked or we will have to hold an intervention!

Liz said...

You got so much work done! I'm glad the people in your neighborhood come by to encourage all that hard work. Even Mean Old Man seems impressed. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Gawd, Nicole, I did laundry and dishes and balanced the checkbook this weekend, and felt like I had accomplished a lot! You shame me.

NV said...

Ty'smom -- This weekend, this weekend!!!

Jennifer, JustAGirl -- THANKS!

V -- I just went out to see how things were setting up and I have to say I'm pleased. Don't think anything will be loose!

MG -- Already considered and ABANDONED that idea. :-) WAY too much work because the surface that's out there now is not in good shape.

Liz -- Thanks! It has been very fun and heartening to see ppl go by and point, wave, honk, even if they don't stop. Even a contractor truck slowed to a crawl last night!

Dee -- No shame. I need to DO laundry and I finally balanced my checkbook today! :-)

Ann said...

You had damn well better post a video of this tap dancing. I'll be watching for it!