Saturday, August 23, 2008

Racing the Rain

The rain shouldn't arrive 'til later this afternoon (around 3 p.m.) but the humidity is already unbearable out there (currently 89 percent). I've already been out spreading gravel, letting it bake in the morning sun and I have my first two rows of bricks chosen and laid out. Now I have to go set up my sawhorses and grab my RotoZip. I've got bricks to cut!

I'm grabbing a quick bite -- and some Tylenol -- before heading out to the trenches. I need to see just how much I can get done before the rain rolls in.

The good news: The widest part of the path is done. From here, less bricks to a row, so ideally at least, it will go a little faster than it's been going. The bad news: The straightest part of the path is all done. It's strictly Angle City from here and I'm not looking forward to it, but hey, I'll adjust, right?

Well, here I go. Here's hoping I've got lots of progress to report later!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Here's hoping you got lots done and the rain held off all day!

NV said...

Thanks, Jayne! The rain cooperated, though the humidity and heat sure didn't help. I feel like I got a lot done, though wish it had been more. I know you know how tough incremental progress is. :-)