Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Yard Ornament


Looking for something to add a little color and shape to your yard? How about one of these? The Yard Ornament is still in its spot. I'm beginning to think it's never going to leave.

I think that mini-Angus must have brought the car trouble disease to the property. When I went to get the light changed yesterday, got the oil changed and did some shopping at the same time. As I pulled away, it started to rain lightly so I turned on my lights. I caught the reflection in the back of the car in front of me just as I was getting home. NO LIGHT! They didn't change the damn light!

In a snit, I turned ole Bessie around and gunned her back to Wal-Mart. The problem wasn't the bulb. They had changed it. The cover on the light currently has about an inch of water inside it. The minute that light hit that water ... it exploded, just like the first one had. (I think that first light going out was what caused all my dash lights to light up the other night.) Looks like it has a break in its seal somewhere. I guess age does that.

"You could put a goldfish in there and illuminate with that," one guy joked. I wasn't in the mood for it though. In short, they couldn't get the light casing out to drain it. Another bulb would just explode, too. And if they just popped the cover off, they couldn't guarantee they could get it back on. So, I will have to call my mechanic soon.

Here's hoping for a relatively easy fix.

8 comments:

Jayne said...

What a lovely camper shell. Such a picturesque addition to your yard.

Ty'sMommy said...

You know, You could turn it into a shelter for your plants this winter.... :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous ornament, totally beats the plastic deer! Why didn't I THINK of this???

CD said...

Maybe Carole could paint it?

NV said...

Thanks, Jayne.

Ty'smom -- No plants here. They don't live. :-(

ann -- I'm thinking of pink flamingos to complement it ...

CD -- If it stays here too much longer, I'm afraid she might! :-)

MonkeyGirl said...

Turn it upside down and let it catch the rain we have been getting. Then take Bessie out for a spin and look for an old trolling motor that is being tossed in the dump. Take the goldfish from Bessie's headlights and toss 'em in and add back some of those rocks that you threw in the dump and you have an instant goldfish pond!

SmilingJudy said...

Ok, I have been reading this saga and I still don't get why they had to leave the shell. Didn't you say they had engine trouble? How did removing the shell help them with that?

NV said...

Judy -- The guy came alone in a little bitty truck. He took off the shell to fit in as much debris as possible per trip. He only got the truck loaded once though and it broke down!