Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Walking Along


My horoscope has had a grain of truth to it for the past few days. From today’s email: The opportunity to travel, perhaps with friends or with a group you belong to, could come your way today NV. Discussions with others could lead to the confirming of plans and practical arrangements.
Last month, Mr. and Mrs. MonkeyGirl came to my aid, removing the shrubs from hell. This month, my highlighted helper friend is CD. An avid supporter, regular reader, and occasional commenter, CD is another of my group of eight from high school.
CD called me Tuesday morning and asked if I needed any help. With both boys in school now, she’s able and willing to contribute to a This D*mn House cause. Since it’s not too far out of her way, she living relatively close to Hardware Heaven, I’m going to meet her there very soon. She’s going to help me haul gravel in her SUV! And it’s just in time, too. I used everything I bought already since I got this far on the walkway yesterday.
I almost got the first third finished! (Where you see the plastic in the front of the photo is the start of the second third.) I’m afraid to get too excited but it’s very cool. Even if I’d had more gravel though, I don’t think I could have gotten much farther yesterday because as it was, I was watering it all down at dusk. (That’s the chief reason why there was no photo last night. I also was outside ‘til there was no light left as I got the front yard mowed and all of the filthiest of the bricks washed off.)
You’re reading the ramblings of a very grateful person. First, I can’t believe that we’ve had this amazing weather for so many days now. It’s just been perfect. The sunsets have been nothing short of incredible. In my ideal existence, it would be this way year-round. I’m afraid it’s coming to end though as rain is in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.
Second, I’m grateful that my employer let me juggle a few things to get this time off, even if I did work a good chunk of yesterday. I had to jump while the weather was on my side.
And finally, I’m humbled to have such incredible friends who continually offer – and provide – assistance, love, humor, and support. To my high school circle, you guys are nothing short of awesome. To those of you in cyberworld who have regularly voiced concern and encouragement, it has helped more than I can express.

4 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

I am truly impressed. You are doing a FANTASTIC job! I wish I had the time to come down and help you myself right now - that's a project I could really sink my teeth into.

I recall a line from Monkey Mama's recent blog post. "Make new friends, but keep the old". You just can't beat a good, old friend. They've seen you through everything, and they're not about to quit now. To NV's old friends - wish there were more out there like you!

NV said...

ty'smom - Yes, ma'am, you are exactly right. If my wealth was measured by my friends, even Bill Gates couldn't touch me.

And thanks for the offer. That's very sweet.

Ann said...

You deserve every bit of help and encouragement you receive, girl! You're just that kind of person and it's plain to see! :)

NV said...

Aw, thanks, Ann. That's so sweet! I don't know what I've ever done to warrant such devotion, but I'll take it. :-)