Thursday, July 9, 2009

Before and After ‘09

Our friends over at One Project Closer have started their annual Before and After feature again! (You might notice I still have the ’08 badge up. I need to replace it with their new one.)

They were kind enough last year to post my fence project – making a donation to Habitat for Humanity in my name – and even put it in the running for the best project of 2008. I didn’t win but that didn’t matter; it wasn’t the project I really wanted to send them anyway.

I will soon, however, be sending them the porch and walkway project. That was the gem I wanted to share last year but since I’d already won and I didn’t truly finish until FALL, I didn’t get to enter it. So watch for that soon. In the meantime, check out the rules and enter your own before and after.

They’ve really sweetened the pot this year! In addition to getting a $35 donation made on your behalf to Habitat for Humanity ( a VERY good group to support incidentally) YOU get to choose a $25 gift card to Lowe’s, Home Depot, or Amazon.com. And, as if all that wasn't quite enough, at the end of the summer, they'll pick a GRAND PRIZE winner who gets to pick a $150 gift card! Pretty d*mn cool. (And you know I'll be asking for your vote if I'm lucky enough to get in the running.)

Can you say tools?!

2 comments:

Fred said...

Woohoo! Glad to hear you'll be posting an entry this year! We're very excited and the fourth week's winner is coming up this Sunday!

Thanks for letting everyone know about it!

NV said...

Thank you, Fred, for offering such a great opportunity and supporting such a worthy cause each year!