Wednesday, December 2, 2009

*1000*

I looked once. I looked twice. I looked a third time. 999 posts -- that is indeed what the Blogger dashboard said. That means then that this is number 1,000.

A thousand posts. Man. That doesn't even seem possible. But, it's the sole reason I didn't post earlier. I figure something like a thousandth post is one of those things that should have some merit. So, I'm going to both claim and pass along some recognition.

First,thanks to Karen at Mom, Me and Alzheimer's and Victoria at Confessions of a New Old Homeowner, both of whom have graced me with the Superior Scribbler Award in the past week.

Part of the rules are to pass it along to five worthy bloggers. Well, just five is hard. But here goes:

*To SewWhat, because not only am I in awe of her creations, I love the stories that accompany so many of them.

*To the MonkeyGirl at Chirping Monkeys, who is taking her blog bravely in a whole new direction ... and I can't wait to see how it goes.

*To Liz at A Constructed Life who constantly makes me grin with tales from the front of motherhood, not to mention adorable photos of her progeny.

*To Brian at The Cheek of God whose love for his wife and family, his wry sense of humor, and his sucks-you-in writing style always give me a reason to smile -- and helps maintain my faith in the other half of our species.

*To Gene at DIY Insanity whose solid advice, constant encouragement and sometimes slapstick silliness can't help but be a winning combination.

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, I conclude my 1,000th post.

7 comments:

Kate R said...

Congratulations!! Here's hoping to multiplying that 1000 over & over again. I'm so glad we've been able to join you on this funny, enjoyable, thoughtful & informative ride.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am honored . . .

When I make it to 1000, sometime WAY down the line, you'll be getting something super sweet!

MonkeyGirl said...

Holy Cow! Thanks MEF - although my new direction doesn't really count a writing - unless you use the old adage - a picture is worth a thousand words! SWAK - love ya!

Vicki said...

Congrats! Here's to 1000 more :)

karen said...

You deserve this award and many more. Way to go On 1000 post . Congrats.

sewwhat? said...

Thanks for the mention! I blog because I love to write stories, just glad someone else enjoys them! Keep it up, you were our inspration to venture into the blogosphere!

NV said...

Kate -- Aw, thanks! Hope I can live up to all those adjectives.

COG -- I'll be watchin' for it.
:-)

MG -- You still have to tell little stories with some of your shots anyway and they're worth a lot of fun, too!

V, Karen-- Thanks!

Sewwhat -- That's something I'll gladly take credit for. Thanks! :-)