Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blown Away

Well, I haven't been yet, but it's not for Mother Nature's lack of trying!

Thanks to Toby -- and the wind -- I've essentially been awake since about 3 a.m. The wind has been like a freight train running parallel to the back of the house (adjacent to my bed) and violently shaking the powerlines on that corner of the house.

Weatherman says we've had gusts to 51 mph. I'd venture to say that my little air vacuum of property has seen much faster than that.

Here's hoping it ends soon. But I don't think it will. By tonight, it's going to be 12 degrees. TWELVE. That is so NOT a temperature. Not in my book anyway.

At least it got me to work a few minutes earlier ...

4 comments:

Kate R said...

Right there with ya on the wind & temps. Weather.com actually says Rain/snow showers/wind ( and yep, we're getting all 3). Geez, Mother Nature, make up your mind! Are you menopausal or somethin'? And did you see the high for tomorrow?!? Only 19 - for the HIGH!! I'm so not ready for this.

BlackDog's Photographer said...

I'm loving seeing the snow but the wind & temps I could do without. Right now I have 7 degrees. No clue with the wind chill is at but it's dang cold out there!

MonkeyGirl said...

My poor Coal doesn't have a very think coat of fur and he wasn't sure what to make of the wind this morning. He was doing laps about 40 mph around the house and I think his only purpose was to keep warm!

NV said...

Yeah, that cold has been UG-LY!