Thursday, December 3, 2009

We Have a Winner!

If at first you don’t succeed … do I need to finish this sentence? In any case, it’s good, solid advice.

Just about the time that I was revving up for a run at the grand prize after being a finalist in One Project Closer’s Before and After contest earlier this fall, I also entered one at Repair-Home.com. In both cases, the brick porch/walkway was the project of choice. I’d intended to enter several other projects in the latter because it has a whopping 23 different categories! But, as it usually does, time managed to get away from me and a handful of entries remained half-written if started at all.

I didn’t win the OPC contest.

Because I had lobbied pretty hard in that contest, I decided I was not going to bug everyone again so soon after that defeat to get votes in the Repair-Home contest. I guess it didn’t matter – I won anyway! The porch and walkway took top honors in the Landscaping category!

Found this out via email this afternoon. Well, yay me! TWO of my blogging buddies not only won a category (siding and green renovation), but they are among five finalists for a $1,000 prize. Go, Kristy (of St. Louis Folk Victorian) and Elaine (of Bless This DIY Mess)! The contest runs through Dec. 15 so go and vote for them, please.

My prize: In addition to braggin’ rights, of course, a $100 Home Depot gift card.

We LIKE those -- a lot! BOOYAH!

9 comments:

happileah said...

Congrats!! that's great :)

Vicki said...

Yay! Congrats! Just in time to treat yourself to a Christmas gift :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! Awesome prize! You'll have to share what you spend it on. :)

BlackDog's Photographer said...

Congrats!

karen said...

Congrats!!!!! Great Job.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You certainly deserve it! I'm sure you won't have any trouble using the prize!

Kate R said...

After the *ahem* posting situation of the OPC contest, I stumble upon the other contest & just voted silently. I am so glad you won! I can't wait to see what you use it for.

And I'm going to have a hard time choosing between your 2 buddies because both are blogs I also enjoy.

Fred said...

Way to go!

NV said...

THANKS everyone! I'm thrilled!