Monday, December 28, 2009

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy!

Today was one of those perfect days where I would do stuff -- and then take a nap.

I got up early and got the trash out. Turns out I needn't have bothered. The trashman didn't come until almost noon! But I got up and did it and put some things away and picked other stuff up and then went to bed. (The mother and I stayed up kind of late watching Doubt.)

Then I got up and did a bit of running. I must be living a charmed life because yesterday's snow is all but gone. Makes me so happy. It didn't take much effort to clear what was left off of Ladybird and the streets were remarkably clear.

One of the to-dos on my list for today was to recycle cans. Well, I tried. They are closed until Jan. 4! I delivered the rest of our charity goods (another thing on today's list) so I was able to just stuff the cans into Ladybird's trunk.

Then I did some more stuff to get ready for Crop Camp. I actually FOUND stuff I was looking for. (Writing this on the calendar as it rarely happens until AFTER the fact.) I still have to get to clothes packing. Of course, that's going to require LAUNDRY first. Ugh.

But then I had some lunch and took ANOTHER nap! Ah, glorious. Going back to work tomorrow is going to bite it.

6 comments:

sewwhat? said...

I had a day like that on Sunday. Somehow, the gods of weariness took a hold of me, gave me a touch of the stomach flu and that was all I needed to justify a day in bed after weeks of craziness getting ready for Christmas. Don't feel guilty, you deserve a day with lots of naps!

MonkeyGirl said...

You can't seriously be ready for crop camp already except for laundry! I haven't even begun to think about it and I'm off all week!!

Jayne said...

After battling through sleet, snow, blowing snow that reduced visibility to almost zero, and bitter cold I decided once I got home I wasn't going anywhere til I go back to work Wednesday night. I've had three days in a row of a little chore, a little nap. :)

Kate R said...

I'm not THAT organized even when I'm preparing for a week long vacation, much less a weekend!

Mama Martha said...

Here's hoping you can find where you put them when we get to Crop Camp!

Vicki said...

Naps! If only! Actually, if I had the chance to take a nap I'd end up doing something else instead...Glad you had a lazy day!