Friday, December 4, 2009

Can the Calendar Be Right?

I hesitate to actually put in writing what I hope to accomplish this weekend because it seems that every time I do that, whatever was on the agenda never gets done! But ...


I really would like to get back to that bathroom. Finish the walls and, ideally, finish the floors. Then I can finish painting and start wallpapering! It seems like forever since anything project-oriented really got done. And now, the holidays are upon us. Christmas is THREE WEEKS away. THREE WEEKS!


At some point, we'll have to do some degree of decorating. As much as I enjoy the decorations, I'm actually dreading dragging everything out. (Yeah, I know. Way to be all Scroogey!) If everything in the house were done, I wouldn't care. At least last year we had focused largely OUTSIDE so the house was in so much better shape INSIDE than this year.


Luckily, I don't think we're having guests this year so that takes of some of the pressure. Some.


Now to try to get projects back on track while coexisting with the holidays. Yeah. Welcome to the DIY Winter Wonderland!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a DIY Winter Wonderland it is. Where heck is the snow?

Michele

StuccoHouse said...

Ha, I've embraced my inner Scrooge :) I'm with you on the Christmas decoration...hard to drag out more items that will just need to be put away when you are in the middle of house projects.

Victoria said...

Ooh. I am so excited to see the bathroom finished. Ive already talked to Mr.Major about working on our bathroom tomorrow, so it looks like were in the same boat this weekend. Hopefully it doesnt sink!

Karen Anne said...

There weeks, oh noes... Resolved: this weekend address all the Christmas cards and finish shopping.

Kate R said...

THREE WEEKS - yeah, that hit like a ton of bricks. I haven't even started & I have several birthdays to deal with before Christmas even get here. *SIGH*

Like you, I really enjoy the decorations, but dread the cleanup.

NV said...

Michele -- I don't CARE where the snow is ... as long as it's NOT here! :-)

Stucco, Kate -- So glad to find understanding souls on this point. It's just another TO-DO at this point!

Victoria -- Yeah, it fell apart again. ONe of these days ...

Karen Anne -- CHRISTMAS CARDS? I can't even get my head around that yet! Yikes!