Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One Fine Day

Another crisp, dewy autumn morning with the promise of mid-70s in the afternoon. Aaaaah. Looks like I’ll have to fit another lunchtime walk in today. I think today and tomorrow are the last of this glorious Indian summer. I want to enjoy every second of it that I can.

The trees are alive with golds, oranges and reds that are so vibrant, I almost need to put my shades on to view them. It really is a gorgeous display.

And as the bus glides through town, just reaching the point where it resumes its normal route, I spy another thing of beauty: gas at $2.16 a gallon. (Just stay there ‘til I get home tonight, ‘kay?)

I’m wound up like a top this morning and I’ve not even had any caffeine yet. I have to wonder how much productivity will drop in the U.S. today as people go to the polls, watch the polls, read election coverage online, and then again tomorrow as they recover in the aftermath of today – or pick up where today left off.

I know I’ll need to check the batteries in the remote because there will be a whole lot of channel-flippin’ going on at This D*mn House tonight. A nap may be in order as it’s going to be a long day … and an even longer night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you could come to the party! We're going to be doing a little Guitar Hero too :)

NV said...

V -- I've never played that. I need to give that a whirl sometime!