Sunday, November 23, 2008

Stayin' Up Late

Oh yeah. It was a historic day, wasn't it? (Nov. 22, 1963) Well, yesterday was. Today is a new day. It only just flashed back in my mind because I'm flipping channels and JFK is on.

They barely mentioned it on the news earlier. Of course, I only woke up in just enough time to catch the news. I took a nap that lasted less than 90 minutes initially. Luckily, there was a part two that tacked on another two hours.

So I got some rest. I wish I could say I felt a whole lot better. The nap, combined with feeling lousy, probably account for why I'm even still awake. (Could also be all the hot tea I've been swilling, because it seems to be the one thing that, albeit temporarily, makes me feel any better.)

I should be doing something constructive as long as I'm awake, but I just can't muster the strength. Even my genetically stubborn constitution fails me on this one. I suck at being sick.

So I guess I'll just give in. (Write this down, folks. I rarely give in to anything.) Just plain ole throw my arms up in the air, wave a white flag, and go to bed. Again.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Awwwww....you must really be sick, to give in to it!! Hot tea always works for me, too. And LOTS of rest. I believe we build up a "sleep deficit" and every once in awhile we just need to crash. Hope you're feeling better soon.

MonkeyGirl said...

Yipppeee! Sorry to be a hater but I'm glad to see that your aren't superhuman and even you crash once in awhile! It is ok to be completely vertical for more than 4 hours at a time. My half of the brain is feeling better - so do you want to use it to jump start your half?

NV said...

Jayne, MG -- Yes, I am just a mere mortal. The rest has helped some. I'm still a little woozy, but slowly coming 'round.

NV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.