Saturday, November 1, 2008

Candy Coma

I've got to lock this candy up. Damn kids! Sure wish they'd come and collected more of it.

We ended up having a total of seven trick-or-treaters. It got off to a VERY slow start with just one, a tiny toddler in a giraffe costume that was much too big for her. Just about the time we were ready to close up shop and turn out the porch light, a small mob of six appeared. I don't even know who or what some of them were supposed to be. But they were pretty cute.

I was in bed before midnight. (It was a long week.) And I didn't shake loose from the sheets until 9:30!!!! (Except for around 5:30, my normal weekday rising time, after being awakened by Toby the Cat. The little butthead.)

The mother and I did some running around shortly thereafter and then it was home for yard work. The last of the shrubbus giganticus was my nemesis for the afternoon. The mother had hacked down to almost nothing. It was my job to clean it up. Tomorrow, I get the joy of trying to get the rest of it out of the ground.

I know. I wasn't going to do any of this. Don't go there.

At any rate, I actually got a little bit done and the mother took the Halloween decorations down. But I didn't mind the work all that much. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be outside on November the freakin' first wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops!!! It was absolutely gorgeous here again today and tomorrow promises to be a repeat performance.

Why can't it just stay like this?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMM. Is it chocolate? Better yet, is it chocolate and peanut butter? You can send it to me. I'll take it off your hands. After all, what are friends for?

Unknown said...

Hey, D*mn Houser, I drained my hoses today and thought of you. Also cut down the peonies and took down Halloween decorations and cleaned out the trunk. This is about eight times as much as I usually do on a weekend, so I feel like I'm training for the D*mn House Marathon!

My gawd, what a gorgeous day.

NV said...

V -- The Reese's pumpkins are decimated. Sorry. Still plenty of plain Hershey tombstones. :-)

Dee -- Thanks for crackin' me up with that one. And the weather?! Oh. My. God. The only reason I haven't completely resented devoting an entire day to these ()()@*%"*&$% shrubs.

Ann said...

We didn't even give out candy this year bc we were busy...thank god...or we too would be in a candy coma.