Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Only One Awake

Or I was, until about five minutes ago. When Toby, who had been curled comfortably along the back of the sofa, just above the mother's head, sprang back into action.

The mother is asleep on the sofa. Ozzie is at the other end of the loveseat, snoozing big time. Now, Toby has returned to the livingroom and appears on his way to unconsciousness. I'm fighting the urge to join them.

I got all the food put away -- including carving up the turkey-- and made it through the first round of dishes. There's still a bit of clean-up to be done and I want to get that over with.

The mother has had coverage of Mumbai on all day which has made me crazy. They aren't saying anything new and they just keep saying the same thing over and over and over. I was able to convince her to switch it to the local news and now the nightly news is on. Believe it or not, it has given me reason to smile.

  • In L. A., A man who was homeless 10 years ago, got friends to help him feed about 900 homeless.
  • Soldiers from all over the country were reunited with their families. Those scenes are real tear-jerkers.
  • Babies born today right in the metro St. Louis area got dressed in little turkey outfits. TOO cute!

I tried to spread the holiday cheer. I loaded a plate and took it over to S's apartment, only to find that she wasn't at home. That made me smile, too, because it meant maybe she wasn't alone after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good story about your plate of food :)

I'm getting ready for round 2 of dishes now, too. Congrats on finishing it, and enjoy your lazy time!

happy thanksgiving!

Karen Anne said...

Soldier being reunited with his dogs -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziWoyLpXQyc

I never get tired of watching that one. May they ll be home safe soon.