Monday, November 24, 2008

Trees?

With all the discussion about holiday decorations, the mother and I purchased two trees the other night.

They’re kind of sad little numbers. Martha Stewart 2-footers, sans lights. I think this picture pretty much says it all.

They were cheap. It was the fourth place we’d looked. And what would later blossom into the ear infection that kept me in bed most of the weekend, was rolling around in my gut. I just wanted to go home.

“Yeah, fine, whatever,” says I and nonchalantly tossed two of them into the cart.

I’m not entirely sure what the mother has cooked up for them. And I’m not sure if she was going to try to do anything with them today or not. While it was supposed to hit 50 again today, the wind was supposed to have been a little rowdy, gusting to around 30 mph.

So, I guess I’ll find out when I get home whether they have been placed or not. I’m going to get spoiled with these “surprise me” tactics of late!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

If she's planning on putting them outside have her stick them in cement boots first. Those stupid trees I got a couple weeks ago keep being blown over by the wind. I'm getting ready to add some kind of cement bottoms to them.

Hope the surprise is all good!

NV said...

V -- It wasn't the trees, but I did get a good surprise after all!