Friday, November 28, 2008

Round Two: DING!!!

The mother and I just completed a second and final round of Black Friday shopping. Just stayed local for this round and managed to hit four places in about 90 minutes.

There just aren't a lot of deals to be had. Understandable. A lot of places either didn't have as much merchandise or what they did have went out with their first few dozen customers.

And it was certainly nothing like the madness in other parts of the country. Even this morning, at the height of our madness, I'd say there were barely a handful of the rude and overzealous with an occasional whiner thrown in. (Whiners shouldn't even come out on Black Friday. They should stay home.)

No, most people were very polite and relatively patient. We laughed and joked in line and sometimes people would "cart-sit" if someone got a call that would require them to go scrambling back through the store. Even the mother managed to meet up with some nice ladies to chat with, one of whom loaned her a phone.

All in all it was a pretty good bunch.

2 comments:

MonkeyGirl said...

Maybe next year I should just give you my list and a wad of cash and you can endure the madness for me!

NV said...

MG -- No problem. I wish you could have seen all the people who were calling back and forth throughout the store and from up and down the road at other stores. It really cracked me up. I don't take it THAT seriously.