Saturday, November 29, 2008

Up and At 'Em!

After a day of cooking followed by a day of shopping, today is a day to get active with something more directly impacting This D*mn House. Having said that, Lawrence will be here in the next hour or two.

He's got a short list today though one of the two projects, installing another outlet, could take a while. I'm going to try and talk it through with him since my last post on his installation of an outlet is always such a popular one. It's not a particularly helpful one, just very popular due to its topic.

Let's see if I can fix that.

On an unrelated note, while I slept, the mother unboxed one of yesterday's purchases. I can't tell you what it is yet, but I will tell you that I'm very pleased. Not sure if she is or not, so that will have a big bearing on where it ends up. Stay tuned ...

5 comments:

Karen Anne said...

Installing another outlet...I would like very much to have ceiling fixtures in a couple of rooms where there are now zero. Is it like I'm thinking, trenches in plaster, etc.?

Why S? said...

I so wish that I had thought to ask for an outlet in what will be the broom closet. It would be convenient to charge the DustBuster and Roomba. Live and learn. Of course it's not too late, just more expensive at this point.

MonkeyGirl said...

In parts of our house we have outlets that have 3 plugs instead of the normal two. Why can't they make those kinds of outlets anymore?

Karen Anne said...

MG,

You can buy things at the hardware store that plug into an outlet and have several sockets. I don't mean the big surge protector strips that sit on the floor, these uh having trouble describing it so I uploaded a photo:
http://members.cox.net/katkolling/sockets.jpg

Awkward angle, I was too lazy to move the bookcase that's in front of it.

NV said...

The best piece of advice I can give is this: If you move into old construction, don't add outlets unless you're really up to the challenge. If you're building new construction, put an obscene number of outlets in to start with. It's too hard to do once the house is built!